Saturday, May 2, 2009

Camden's First Birthday Party


Last week, I went to the mailbox and Camden had an invitation to his first "REAL" birthday party. I showed him the cute little Minnie Mouse card and told him it was for his friend Taylor from Nursery at Church. With his little crooked smile he said, "I wanna go mom. Can I go? He was so genuinely excited...He loves his friends from Nursery.

After baseball practice I took just Cam to pick out Taylor's present. I asked him before what he wanted to get her and he told me a "boy toy." But when we got to Target he changed his mind. We walked in and I asked again and ever so sweetly he said, "a dress I want to get her a dress." I tried to persuade him to the toys but he was set on a dress. We walked through the little girls clothing and he found the cutest little white top. It looked kinda boho, but he loved it. That was what he wanted to get her. He even found the size he thought would fit...He knows what size he wears so he assumes everyone his age should wear it too. Amazingly, he found a darling pink scooter skirt to go with it. I must admit, he did a great job, it was very impressive.


So today was the big day. After his baseball game he took a bath and got all ready for his party. It was just up the hill so we walked to the party. Just he and I. I was a little nervous, it is not exactly an easy walk out of our neighborhood. It is a pretty steep hill. He didn't even miss a step. He looked at the flowers and the rocks and asked tons of questions as we walked hand and hand to the park. You could not have asked for a more beautiful day. It is an experience I will cherish, and he will not even think twice about.


The party was so much fun. Taylor's family is so great. And all of the 3 year olds from nursery were there. Since we moved into the ward, Cam has talked about Ben. It was so much fun watching the two of them play. They totally carried on conversations as they played. They all played so cute together and had so much fun. As did I. What an experience. Great friends, great food (really good cake) and tons of fun. Is there a better way to spend a Saturday?

0 comments: