Sunday, May 24, 2009

Three Day Weekend !!

I am so happy to have a three day weekend. It is even better since Lane is actually home for it. Saturday we spent the day "Spring Cleaning." I admit, I have a 2 cupboards that accumulate junk. Papers and stuff get put in them and then forgotten. I am happy to say, they are now cleaned out and one has turned into a craft cupboard and the other one is still the "I don't know where to put it, but I think I need it" place. Maybe since it is clean and organized, Lane will put his things there instead of on top of the refrigerator. (big pet peeve) The boys cleaned there room and I was able to get rid of quite a few toys. We do still have a ton of action figures and cars. But they are organized not and the boys can play away with them.
After our cleaning session, we went to see Night at the Museum 2. Still can't decide if I liked it. Loved the cupids...If you know who they are you will totally know why. I have to laugh, Camden was so excited to go but as soon as the theater went dark he was ready to go home. He did settle in and watch the whole thing and laugh. So many movies I want to see this summer. I can't wait.
When I got home from the movie, I had a message from Owen's Primary teacher, my good friend, who had a couple things come up and wasn't going to make it to Church today and asked if Lane and I could take her class. No big we do it with no problems. Not to mention, three day weekend, not many families will be there. Well then, at 10:30, my other good friend texted me and her sub backed out last minute, she was camping. So we were taking their class too. Which I totally would do, I love Annilee and Cole so Lane and I would do anything to help them. I was totally nervous though. We normally have about 10 active members of our class, Annilee has about that if not more, and poor Kristen has 4 total... I bearly slept last night going over how we were going to entertain that many kids. Well, we got into Primary today and there was a total of SEVEN kids in Jr Primary. That's right, SEVEN. Needless to say we had an amazing class. As the kids colored their handouts, they were humming Primary songs. How cute is that?
And tonight, Lane's best friend from Arizona had to come to town. I haven't seen him in forever. I was so happy he came for dinner. He has turned into such a great guy. It was great to see him and listen to he and Lane talk and watch him with the kids. And just after I got my pj's on, Lane's phone rang again and one of his old mission compainions is on Holiday from England and came to visit. I love to listen to the British speak, it is so beautiful. They use such great adjectives. I should say it is lovely to speak to them.
Tomorrow we have another great day planned, a morning bike ride, more cleaning and an afternoon BBQ with the Barlow's. I hope you all had a great weekend too.

1 comments:

annilee said...

Ugh! Now I feel horrible! To cause you lack of sleep! Thanks again, I totally owe you!