Saturday, May 31, 2008

Hand me downs

Hand me Downs
I have been blessed with three wonderful, crazy, full of life boys. I have two of the cutest nephews that my boys think could walk on water. Jacob and Joshua are the coolest of the cool. Anything they do, Hayden and Owen want to do too. (I hope they continue to be the sweet wonderful boys they are.) So it is always a great thing when Aunt Carey has a bag of clothes for them. Usually they all fit Hayden and Owen is left out. That is the natural order… Jacob gives to Josh who gives to Hayden who hands down to Owen who if we are lucky passes it on to Camden. Well, the boys spent Friday at Aunt Carey’s so I could chaperone a field trip. (which will be a different story when I mellow out.) Excited does not describe Owen’s emotional state when he got two bags of hand me downs from Jacob and Josh. Hayden was at school, so Owen got dibs… In one of the bags was a black Boston Red Sox hat, a couple pairs of swim trunks, and some pjs. The other bag was filled with shoes. As we waited for Hayden and Lizzie to get out of school Owen took everything out of the bags and took ownership of the hat and a pair of soccer sandles. Mind you Owen where’s a size 11 and the sandles are a size 1. The hat fits perfect though. Well this was Friday at about 3 pm. It is now almost 9 on Saturday and the sandles and hat only came off long enough to put on his baseball team hat and baseball shoes. Yes he slept in them, he napped in them and he has them on now in bed. Friday when we got home from school, Owen put on a pair of the swim trunks too. So to go to our Ward picnic, Owen wore a white t, swim trunks that are two sizes too big, sandles that are two sizes too big, and a Bo Sox hat. And we had a great time. His little girlfriend still held his hand even though he looked like a clown… Just gotta love hand me downs.

0 comments: