Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Hayden's Heart is Working


Today was Hayden's Cardiologist appointment. A couple of months ago, he got a really bad virus. We took him into the pediatrician and she heard a murmur. With the history of my family and heart problems I can say I was terrified. So, we went to Dr. Mayman's office. I was expecting this office jam packed with noisy people, snotty office staff, and a long wait. WOW was I WRONG !!! The office only had us in it, the staff was super sweet, and we were in and out in a half hour. He had an ultrasound and EKG and they were normal. He has an innocent murmur which is what we were hoping for. I mean if he has to have a heart murmur why not make it the simplest kind. This murmur only manifests itself when he is sick or run down. Other than that he is a REALLY HEALTHY kid.
Hayden is one of the sweetest children alive. He is the child that can meet you for the first time and with in minutes know your name, birthday and all your favorites. And remember everyone of them even if he doesn't see you for a year. Hayden was extremely nervous about going. I am a parent who believes in telling the child what is going on and what to expect. But he was still terrified. After the EKG, we went into the ultrasound room and the doctor came in. Hayden had big crocodile tears. The dr looked at him and said, "Are you scared? If your scared then I'm scared." He was wonderful. He explained everything to us and answered all of Hayden's questions. Dr. Mayman even took the time to explain to me what was wrong with my cousins little boy Carter. (I had never really understood it.) He was so amazing. So if any one needs a Pediatric Cardiologist, Dr. Mayman is the MAN !!!

1 comments:

Sarah said...

That is good to know! Glad everything is alright. I would have been scared too.