Thursday, January 1, 2009

The Great Weight Loss Challenge

Let the Competition Begin
My sister in law had an epiphany. She decided to challenge pretty much everyone she knows to a “Biggest Loser” type competition. We started today with the challenge. We sent in our current weight and the game is on. On April 15th we head to a party at her house for the final “weigh in.”
I really thought I would totally kick tail in this but after today, I think I need a little more will power. I did great first thing this morning. I had an egg white and veggie omelet did my Pilates and drank like three glasses of water. Then Lane needed to help out at his parent’s house and that’s when it went downhill. Dodie has the GREATEST snacks in the world. And all of them you may ever want. She’s got the crackers and cheese, the cookies, the chocolate, nuts, and of course my favorite, the jellied fruit candies. I tried really hard but I did end up indulging in 2 triscuts, a couple handfuls of almonds and cashews and of course 3 or 4 of the jellied candies. I feel SO terrible.
I am so happy to have gotten Sarah’s email letting me know about her tough day too. But tomorrow is a new day and not a holiday so GAME ON!!! Watch out this Barlow is going to win!!!

1 comments:

Carey Rogers said...

That sounds cool, family weight loss competition! Too bad I didn't know about it, I would of started and weighed in with you guys. I am struggling to get my 10 pounds off, I'm gaining instead of loosing! Good luck! Let me know if you need me to look up any weight watchers stuff. I read to keep your calories to 1050. If you are going to count calories. Also... everything you can imagine is on dietfacts.com.

Peace out,
Carey