Saturday, November 22, 2008

Not many like him

This weekend our family is being joined by a good friend of mine's children. The older is one of Lizzie's good friends so she is 11 and her brother is 10. So that brings our kid count to 6. Also Friday night, just because, Lizzie asked us to let her best friend come and stay the night. So we figured what the hey, the more the merrier. So that was a total of 7. I was shocked to think that by 10:00 all 7 kids were asleep. And by 6 am all 7 kids were AWAKE. The day was chaotic, Taylor had a soccer tournament, Ryan had a football game, and the boys had their last baseball game of the season and their party we were in charge of. Throw in preparations for Thanksgiving and you had our Saturday. So, we were back down to 6 kids when my brother called and needed a babysitter for the twins tonight. So tonight we have 8 kids. And it is not even 10 and everyone in bed or at least lying down.
I do have to laugh, I went to the store to grab a couple things, by myself which was so nice. When I came back the boys were running around playing, the older girls were upstairs watching some silly movie and the twins were throwing a major fit because Lane had taken something away from them. Carlie stopped pretty quickly, she likes Lane so when he picked her up she stopped crying. Claire actually followed him up the stairs yelling. And there he was standing in the loft when I walked in with a big huge smile on his face. There are just not many men out there that would do any of this, the helping and staying nice just really showed me how rare he is.

PS - It is now 6:30 on Sunday morning, I have made breakfast for one and two boys are already playing football... How on earth will we make it to Church?

1 comments:

Heather said...

Claire was YELLING at him?! Im SO Sorry! She's such a stinker. :S THANK YOU SO much for taking them! I really owe you one! You're the best! And thank Lane for putting up with Claire!