Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Special

I am not sure if it is the month of November or if it is the happenings of the world but I have been feeling very blessed lately. I know I am one of the luckiest women because I am married to one of the most wonderful men on this planet. To the outside, he may not seem extraordinary but in our small world he is more than extraordinary.
Lane is one of the hardest working men I know. He has given 110 percent at any job he has had. His job now is no exception. At times I am annoyed with the fact his phone never stops or he works a little bit here and there on the weekends…But that is who he is. He is a man trying to provide for his family and make sure the mother of his children can be at home to take care of his beautiful family.
He is a man who sacrifices sleep when he is exhausted to mop the floor because 12 years ago when I was pregnant with Elizabeth I couldn’t do that task and he thinks I do enough now. He is the man who out of the blue will text Elizabeth something silly just so she knows he loves her and is thinking about her. He is the Father that still after two and a half years, sits down to rock Camden to sleep every night. He plays football with Hayden and somehow makes the time to coach a baseball team so we know Owen can play and have a good time.
Lane is the person who will stop and get me a soda on the way home from work because the boys are being a little crazy and he thinks I need a little pick me up. And the man who will surprise me with my favorite treat when we finally have everyone asleep and we can sit down and have a conversation with out interruption. He is the person after almost 13 years, I want to still sit and have a conversation with. He is the man who will go grocery shopping with me just so we can spend time together.
As we enter into this holiday season, I sit and think back to this time so many years ago. This is the time we fell in love and the time of so much happiness for us in many ways. I have never felt the need to express my love in such an open forum, but I think it is about time for everyone to know how wonderful Lane is and how thankful I am to have met him and to be blessed enough to spend forever with.

1 comments:

annilee said...

Awww that's so sweet! You guys are a cute couple!