Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Such a Change

My day today started so wonderful. I am still feeling grateful for what I have but I am really wondering what the heck some people are thinking. As you can read on my blog, the school board is thinking of rezoning HALF of Seven Hills to Liberty High School 6 miles from home and away from Conorado which is only 1.5 miles from home. We are a tight community as this was very apparent on Saturday when the community for the Seven Hills Parent Association. Our elementary school includes children from Anthem Highlands and Madera Canyon which is south of Anthem... I have been getting phone call after phone call from parents about us not including them in our fight to keep our kids at Coronado. I just got a phone call from a TOTAL stranger infurated that we left them out of an email sent out informing the PTA bank of the changes. You know honestly that was a total oversight on my part, but GIVE ME A BREAK !!! After listening to more of the people who have been at the meetings telling of what the board members have said, I am now at the point where Seven Hills will fight to keep the 200 students we have in high school going to a school that is within walking distance and Anthem and Madera can fight on their own to keep their 300+ students there. It is actually closer for the students who are already being bussed from Madera and Anthem Highlands to go down the Exectutive Airport Dr to Liberty than it is for them to go through Sun City, Anthem and then down Eastern and through part of Seven Hills. The school board is going to so what it is going to do whether it is logical to us or not. They have to raise the test scores at Liberty... Another thank you to the No Child Left Behind Act. (one thing I hope Pres Obama looks into after the economy) I guess the bottom line is **** happens and as a parent you do whatever you can to fight it from happening to your child. If that means dividing within a school to keep a community together that is what happens. Wolff could get pretty UGLY, really soon.

1 comments:

Amy Brindley said...

Amy, I luv ya!