Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A Great Group of Sisters

Tonight Lane kicked me out of the house... I have been extremely anti social lately. I guess it has been for a while now. I am okay if my kids are with me, I can hide behind them. You know, talk about them, laugh with them, those situations I am okay with. I have a good friend whom I am okay talking to. We'll go to lunch or something, we talk about everything. But I don't do social events anymore. A few weeks ago I was invited to go to a game night with a group of ladies. I was so excited to go and then when the time came, I made up an excuse and didn't go. It actually caused an argument between Lane and I, because I wanted to go but didn't. And I don't do anything without the kids and I need to. SO last night we were talking and I mentioned we were going to have our Ward's Enrichment night. It sounded so fun. We were having a progressive dinner and I was thinking I might want to go. He immediately asked what time he needed to be home for me to go. Then I started thinking about it. I really don't know many people in my ward. We moved in last summer and I started substituting Primary and then I got my calling. So I have not been with the adults really at all. The panic set in. I almost started hyperventilating in the car. But it was set, Lane was determined I was going... And I went. I had a wonderful time. I have a ward of the most amazing women. I am so lucky to have moved into this ward. We have all felt so welcome and like we were supposed to be here from the first week we were in the ward, but tonight just reaffirmed this. I know there is a reason we moved last summer. It was not really a planned thing. It all just happened so smoothly. We found the house, fell in love with it and the rest is history. We were so happy to have a ward with wonderful girls who Lizzie loves and she can bond with and go to middle school and hopefully high school with who are strong and beautiful spirits. I have boys for Hayden to play with. And girls too... We love our girls for Hayden too. But they accept him for the touchy, quirky kid that he is. My sweet Owen has a class who even at three and four years old, rally around him and encourage him to try to speak. My wonderful friends in the ward who don't really understand what Apraxia is but see the progress being made and also support and encourage us. We are so Blessed to have such a great Church Family. Tonight just really made the choices Lane and I have made feel right again. So I thanked my family last week and now I am thanking my Ward Family for just being SOOO Awesome. Thanks for welcoming my family into yours.

0 comments: