Monday, June 30, 2008

Camden and Food

Camden loves to eat. He is a big boy, he eats a lot. He came to the right family because I love to cook and he will eat anything I make. Recently while grocery shopping, I decided to buy bologna. This is an interesting thing considering I am hooked on watching the BBC America show "You Are What You Eat." I must have watched a "Rugrats" cartoon sometime before this trip to the store because I kept thinking of fried bologna sandwiches. I don't think I have had one in fifteen years. Maybe longer. Anyways, I bought this bologna and that is what Owen, Camden and I had for lunch. I good ol' fried bologna sandwich with processed cheese. (crusts cut off too.) They loved them. So now we eat sandwiches alot for lunch. (Not only bologna.)
Camden's love for food does not stop there. While Lane was on his last trip, I ordered my typical Chinese take out. I order a meal and eat it for a few days while the kids load up on mac and cheese and pizza. This trip I ordered Mu Shu Chicken. (love it, Thank you Hannah Montana) I made my plate and sat down, and Camden got into the fridge, got the take out container, a fork and joined me for Chinese. It was one of the funniest things I had seen. There he sat with the Chinese take out container, eating directly out of it. He will eat what ever you are eating.
The question that came to me tonight was, Why is what is on my plate (or Lanes) better than what is on his? I made Mu Shu Chicken for dinner tonight, made him a plate, made myself the exact same plate, we sat down and he ate part of his with his mouth wide open came up saying "BITE, BITE" He ate mine and Lane's and left about 1/4 of his own. I just don't get it. But I love it.

0 comments: