Saturday, March 7, 2009

Another Year Older

As another birthday has come and gone, I have contemplated what life lessons I have learned in my 33rd year. The lesson that keeps coming to mind is home is where your heart should be centered.
We have been through so much this past year both good and bad but through it all, our family is becoming stronger and stronger. I strive on building a haven for my children. I want my home to be a place of refuge from the world. It may be cluttered, disorganized and loud at times, but it is the place where we live, laugh and love. I feel so blessed to be at home with my beautiful little children. I am blessed to have a part time job to pick up when I need also. I try to not take for granted the wonderful time I get to spend with each of them and am always trying to think of new creative things to do to strengthen our bond.
The other main lesson I have learned this year is how lucky I am to have Lane as my husband. I am so lucky to have the relationship I have with him. I am amazed to think it has been almost 13 years of marriage. I am so lucky to have a man who loves me for the imperfect person that I am. And I love him for the silly man that he is. I had the epiphany in November just how absolutely lucky I am. It was then that I rethought my relationship and re devoted myself to his happiness, and my own.
Overall it has been a wonderful and eye opening year. I just wonder what will happen between now and 35.(argh)

0 comments: