Sunday, March 22, 2009

Retrospection

Those who know me well, know I had a pretty messed up childhood. My brother, sister and I were extremely close while growing up and are lucky enough to have continued to have a great relationship to this day. I hope my children will have the same bond that the three of us have... Only I don't want them to have to (nor do I think they will) bond under the same circumstances.
Just recently, I had really thought I had come to grips with my childhood. I understand a little more about myself and why I have some of the feelings I do. As well I understand why I acted in ways that I did. Tonight I found myself back feeling as if I were the six year old who couldn't fix it all. The feelings of helplessness and desperation are so overwhelming and hurtful. I don't know if I am as over my childhood as I thought I was. I do know that tonight made me want to be the best mother and wife I can be so my children will never have to feel the pain I do.

1 comments:

barlows said...

Oh Amy, this post hurts my heart for you. You are a good mom to your kids; they are lucky to have you love them and work so hard for them. I'm sorry your past reared its head when it wasn't wanted and that it was hard for you. You've come a long way and have accomplished a lot of wonderful things. I love ya!