Friday, August 22, 2008

Another Year Set to Begin

As I sit here tonight looking for ideas for creative lunches, I am struggling to think my sweet little Hayden is heading to all day school in just two days. Today he had Open House. It was the first time he met his teacher, Mrs. Bailey. She is so super sweet. She is a quiet, sweet, tender teacher. I made her a cute little candy bouquet and as he went to give it to her before the open house, he shook he was so nervous. She almost teared up to think he was that nervous. We are lucky in first grade this year, we are starting the year with 14 students... What a great class size. And several are LDS, so I am excited he will be able to bond with some other LDS boys this year. His buddy Carter is in his class too. So he is happy about that.
It is still hard to believe that we are all growing up so quickly. As my Grandfather reminded me last night, the kids aren't the only ones getting older... Monday will be hard. I don't know that I am ready for Hayden to be away from me for six hours a day. But I think he is ready and that is all that matters.

0 comments: