Saturday, August 16, 2008

This week's Project




One of my close friends had a very beautiful little girl two weeks ago. Today was her baby shower. I have been planning since last November what I wanted to give her. Jaynee is a very special person. She is a wonderful friend who I love to spend time with. And I actually take the time away from the family to head to dinner or lunch with her. Which is something I rarely (very rarely)do. But I enjoy talking and laughing and having adult conversations with her. She is also Owen's teacher. So sending my precious Owen off to school is easy knowing he is in a class with a teacher that loves him as much as she does.
As you can tell, I wanted to do something very special for her. I am not a very crafty person. I love to do it, but I am not very good. I have NEVER in my life used a sew machine. Anything I have done up to this point has been done by hand. But, I wanted her gift to be special. I decided a few months ago I would make her a hooded bath towel. Then to go along with it, I made a couple of receiving blankets with burp cloths. My burp clothes weren't that cool though, I had to make them square, I couldn't cut the kidney shaped ones. I am pretty proud of myself. My stitching isn't straight and it is definately not perfect, but it is definatly from the heart and made with love.

1 comments:

Melissa Brown said...

that's awesome! Good job!