Wednesday, August 20, 2008

BOYCOTT SILVERADO RANCH TARGET

Everyone knows I love Target. Even more, I love the Silverado Ranch Target... So you have to understand just how upset I am to be writing this. Today, I thought I would finish our back to school supply shopping; with all four kids. No big deal, they are generally good when shopping. We were at Target had most of what was on our list and we were waiting. I STOOD near the Mens section, off to the side with Owen sitting in the front of the cart and Camden standing in the basket. WE WERE STANDING THERE. I actually still had my hand on Camden to get him to not hit Owen when a gentleman (I use the term loosely) by the name of Travis walked up put his hand on Camden's shoulder and address CAMDEN( A two year old): "You need to sit down." he said to Camden, not to me... HELLO parent, adult, over the age of two... Don't you think I should be the one being spoken to. I looked at him directly and said, "If he's not sitting for me, he's not going to sit for you." I then told him when we moved he would sit. That is when he told me that if I wanted to use his cart, he would need to sit right then and if I didn't make him sit now, I could leave. So that is exactly what I did. When I got home, I called the store to get information for the District Manager and guess what they had no idea who it was or how I could get a hold of her. RIGHT!!! I did get the information from a very nice gentleman at the new Henderson store.
I think had he approached me, not my child, I would probably be okay with it. He needs to sit, I understand, it's not safe but don't TOUCH MY CHILD and don't reprimand my child. At Gymboree if I would have tried something like this, Heather would have lost it. Not to mention, at the Meadows the parent would have kicked my tail. In retail there is a way to redirect childrens behavior, we discussed it many times on conference calls and in meetings, this was definitely not a way I was every told to do it. It's just unprofessional to approach a child like that.

1 comments:

Heather said...

oh H no! I would be raising HELL if a store worker touched one of the girls. You just dont do that. Come down to the store on Lake Mead. I'll watch the kids if you need me to!