Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Fifth Grade Celebration and Sock Hop



It is finally over. Yesturday was the annual fifth grade celebration. Normally it is a Fifth Grade Dance, this year we switched things up. If it were a "dance" most LDS kids would not be able to go. So since I was in charge, I changed the name and added a few little things to it and turned it into a big party. Our theme was "Sock Hop." I had an amazing committee... I have to say publically this would not have been the "PARTAY" it was with out them !!!

We spent most of Friday afternoon and evening decorating. Kristen Truman kept everything organized and flowing. She is amazing. I have been so blessed to get to know her this year. She is the woman who does it all and looks perfect doing it !!! Thanks Kristen !!!

We thought it would be fun to have a penny candy table. This is where the kids could pick out their own candy and fill a bag. We had candy necklaces, licorice, taffy, and bazooka gum to name a few. My sweet friend Angela took charge of this. Even though she was swamped with end of the season dance craziness, she found the time to help me. She is truely one of the sweetest, most beautiful woman I know. Thank you Angela for your hard work and friendship.


PTA has a new family who is a blast to work with. The Sanchez Family makes everything bigger and better. They donated In and Out Burger to keep the Diner theme going. It was amazing. Burgers and all the fixings. They also dressed the part. April spent the weekend making poodle skirts for herself and her girls and they were sooo cute. I can't say Thank you enough to these two. So much pressure was lifted when Robb said he would handle to food. THANK YOU SO MUCH !!! You went above and Beyond.


Also in the diner was the soda float station. It was equipped with the soda jerks and all. Robb Sanchez and John O'Connor looked the part and I think even enjoyed themselves while doing it. They served any ice cream or float you wanted. It isn't often you get men to these functions, and even less often you can get them to enjoy themselves while helping you out. Once again, too much fun. Robb and John from the bottom of my heart THANK YOU !!!

< div>No 50's party is complete with out the cotton candy. My darling friend Fawn came to the rescue on this one. She is the Cotton Candy Queen. She has her own machine even. She was up to her ears in cotton candy and kept a smile on her face. I was so happy to have her help. Her daughter is one of Lizzie's best friends, and I am so excited to have them be friends. Macy is a true friend to Liz. And in 5th grade that is hard to come by. Thank you Fawn for being a trooper and helping me out !!! Thanks.


Also, Thanks to Deb Marimberga for being a sport and helping where ever she needed. And she was the only other parent to dress up. I had planned on it but ran out of time. Deb is another amazing woman and mom. She is always there to help. I am so glad I had you to rely on. Thank you. Thank you to Lisa Detlaff also. Lisa was almost not able to come but I am so happy she did. Thanks for you help!!! Bridgette, you rock. You are so supportive and helpful. PTA would not be the same without you. Everything I have done, you have been right by my side helping me. Thank you...and John for everything.


It hit me Monday night how lucky I was to have a certain friend. My friend Lyn doesn't have a fifth grader, but she was there right by my side the whole time. She decorated, searched through out nasty shed for things, cleaned up, took pictures the whole nine. I am so lucky to have met her. She was a friend of a friend who has since moved away. But she is such a good friend, Thank you. I cannot begin to thank you for everything....

To Amy Koch, Michelle, Jenell, Alice, Nina, Lori, Karen, Sharon and Sandy THANK YOU !!! You were so kind to donate your time and energy to help our kids out. Thank you!!!

We had such a great time. The DJ was awesome. He kept the party moving. I enjoyed so much the opportunity of this and to be able to share this event with Lizzie was so great. Next time you have a sock hop to plan... I have the people who can pull it off !!!

1 comments:

annilee said...

Was that at Wolff? That looks like so much fun! Do I count as a fifth grader?